The South Central Membrane Association (SCMA) acknowledges and respects the privacy of its members, non-members, attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and others interested in the membrane industry who visit the SCMA website. This Policy explains how the South Central Membrane Association (SCMA) collects and processes your Personal Data in compliance with applicable U.S. Federal and State laws as well as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Canadian Anti-Spam Act (CASL).
SCMA’s Data Privacy Contact
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller for the SCMA, registered as an Association in the State of Texas, administrative office is established and doing business at 2409 SE Dixie Hwy., Stuart, FL 34996.
SCMA’s Administration Director, Janet L. Jaworski, is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Notice for the purposes of the GDPR.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact SCMA by phone at 512-617-6529, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2409 SE Dixie Hwy., Stuart, FL 34996.
How SCMA uses Your Personal Data
SCMA will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where:
- you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a transaction to which you are a party
- SCMA is required by law
- processing is required to protect your interests or those of another person, or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
Your Personal Data Collected by SCMA:
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, or social identity.
SCMA may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our SCMA website and when you report a problem with our SCMA website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Membership information, about your membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email address (business or personal), age, job title, government identification numbers (e.g. Operator License, PE License, etc.), year of admission and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided by you during the registration process, or by your employer on your behalf.
- Payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to register or renew your membership.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members of attendee, exhibitor, sponsorship registration and event participation, material orders, newsletter, website or advertisements either in-person or via our website. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Disciplinary information, relating to ethics/disciplinary programs in which complaints against members are adjudicated, with the result being possible suspension/expulsion from membership. This may include extensive information about a member’s business or professional activities, including employment information, and similar information relating to other individuals involved in the investigation, though would usually not include financial information.
- Certification information, relating to certification programs, in which members are granted certification if they meet specified educational/employment experience requirements and/or pass an exam. This may include extensive information about the experience/performance of those certified or accredited. Where the certification concerns an institution or business, this may include similar information identifying employees and other members of staff including volunteers.
Website and other Social Media Account Visit(s):
Each time you use our website, the current version of this Notice will apply. This Notice is applicable to all SCMA website visitors, registered users, and all other users of our website.
By visiting www.scmembrane.org or related social media forums (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Notice.
With regard to each of your visits to our website, SCMA will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Location information
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
SCMA may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our website. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Personal Data SCMA Collects from Others
SCMA may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people that SCMA believes will help us identify and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. SCMA will obtain your consent before contacting you if required by the law of the country in which you are located.
SCMA will combine this information with information you give to us and information SCMA collect about you. SCMA will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information SCMA receive).
Personal Data that You Give SCMA
SCMA may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services, or to notify you about changes to SCMA’s membership service;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services SCMA offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not requested to not receive the information;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services SCMA feel may interest you;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or formation of a regional affiliate of the association.
Personal Data that SCMA shares and Who can Access
SCMA may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with:
- a member, attendee, speaker, moderator, sponsor, exhibitor of SCMA;
- partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your membership, event registration, or any other contract SCMA enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website;
- trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the SCMA website and our membership services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing);
- your payment information is only stored on our servers while we are processing your membership dues or event registration (approximately 1-week turnaround), and then we remove it. While on our servers, both your credit card number and CVV code are encrypted and never accessible except via SSL protected internal website administration pages;
- SCMA uses Authorize.net, a 3rd party payment gateway service, for processing online payments. All data transmissions between Authorize.net and our websites are encrypted via SSL technology;
- if SCMA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
SCMA will only transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
Personal Data Security
Although SCMA has security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, SCMA cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
All information you provide to SCMA is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Personal Data is Not Sold
SCMA will never sell your Personal Data to third parties.
Personal Data Retention and Storage
SCMA will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with access to our website. SCMA will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. SCMA may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it (if questions, refer to SCMA’s Document Retention and Destruction Policy). Consistent with these requirements, SCMA will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
The Personal Data that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our website, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States. The United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place. SCMA maintains one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
Cookies and Do Not Track Policy
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time an SCMA member logs in to our Members Only section. Only logged in SCMA members are assigned cookies which hold their logged in status and username. SCMA does not assign cookies to non-logged in website visitors.
Our SCMA website is not directed to children under the age of 13, if you are not 13 years or older, do not use our SCMA website. SCMA does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If SCMA learns that Personal Data of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our website, SCMA will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to our website without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com so that SCMA may take appropriate action to remove the minor’s Personal Data from our systems.
Links to Third Party SCMA Websites and Services
Our SCMA websites may contain links to third party SCMA website, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these other websites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. SCMA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. SCMA encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites that you link from the SCMA Website.
Texas Rights (for Texas Residents)
Business and Commerce Code, Title 11, Subtitle B, Chapter 521 of the Texas Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Data with third parties. If you reside in and Texas have provided your Personal Data to SCMA, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes, refer to Personal Data Correction and Removal Section.
Canadian Rights (for Canadian Residents)
SCMA has implemented procedures to be in full compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL). You have the right to ask us not to send you electronic messages (i.e. email, texts). You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by updating your Personal Data preferences, refer to Personal Data Correction and Removal Section.
European Rights (for European Residents)
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by updating your Personal Data preferences, refer to Personal Data Correction and Removal Section.
SCMA is headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data SCMA holds about you as well as related information, including for the purposes of processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making;
- Request correction of your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data SCMA holds about you;
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you is deleted;
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data;
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data Request transfer of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible;
- Withdraw your consent.
In addition, where you believe that SCMA has not complied with its obligations under this Notice or European law, you have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority, such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
- The text, logos, and images on SCMA’s website are protected under the copyright laws of the United States, as well as other countries. Any downloading, reproduction or further distribution of any original material appearing on this website without prior written permission of SCMA is strictly prohibited.
- Requests to reprint SCMA published material should be in written form and should specifically state the item(s) to be reprinted, the purpose, and distribution of the reprints. Requests for permission to reprint materials should be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data and Email/Marketing Messages: Correction or Removal
Such requests must be submitted to the following addresses: email@example.com or SCMA; Attn: Janet L. Jaworski, Re: Privacy Right Preferences
2409 SE Dixie Hwy., Stuart, FL 34996.
Personal Data Corrections or Removal:
- If any of the information that SCMA has about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by visiting the your SCMA Members Only – Login and view Your Profile, SCMA Non-Members – Login and view Your Profile, or by contacting SCMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email/Marketing Messages Corrections or Removal:
- Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, by visiting your SCMA Members Only – Login and view Your Profile, SCMA Non-Members – Login and view Your Profile, or by contacting SCMA at email@example.com.
Changes to this Notice
If SCMA makes any material changes to this Notice or the way SCMA uses, shares or collects personal Data, SCMA will notify you by revising the “SCMA Board Approved Date” at the bottom of this Notice, prominently posting an announcement of the changes on our SCMA website, or sending an email to the email address you most recently provided us (unless SCMA does not have such an email address) prior to the new policy taking effect. Any changes SCMA makes to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notification sent to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.