The South Central Membrane Association (SCMA) invites you to join your colleagues and associates in promoting membrane technology in water treatment operations. Membrane technology is the future of water treatment and SCMA continues to work tirelessly to bring valuable information to our members. Day One at the Annual Conference features Keynote Speaker, Tom Pankratz with Water Desalination Report. This will be followed by presentations on Membrane Basics. Day Two will begin with a session focused on the important topic of Corrosion Control, including a Panel Discussion followed by a session dedicated to Membrane Fouling and then attendees will hear about the Startup and Operations as well as Tour the SAWS Brackish Groundwater Desalination Facility. Day Three offers tracks for both Operators and Engineers, followed by a session dedicated to Potable Reuse and MBR. You won’t want to miss the educational opportunity to learn about Membranes: Fundamentals, Focuses and Future Endeavors.
- Contact Hours/PDHs (Water & Wastewater): AR (pending approval)
- OK 12 Contact Hours (approved)
- NM 8.5 Contact Hours (approved)
- LA 13 Contact Hours (approved)
- TX 11 Contact Hours for Water (approved)
- TX 7 Contact Hours for Wastewater (approved)
- Wednesday-Friday, August 23-25, 2017
To View Brochure – click on the brochure image at right.
Best Tasting Membrane Water Competition
Thursday, August 24th
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, San Antonio, TX
2017 Annual Conference & Expo.
If you are interested in entering the 2017 Best Tasting Membrane Water Competition please submit a completed entry form to SCMA by August 14, 2017.
A group rate for single/double of $189 has been negotiated for reservations made by July 26, 2017 (subject to availability, rate is exclusive of state and local taxes). Make your lodging arrangements directly with the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter with the provided link or by phone at (800) 228-9290 Ext. 1 and refer to South Central Membrane Association (SCMA) for the discounted room rate.
Valet parking fee: $42 daily, on-site parking, fee: $37 daily.
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
101 Bowie Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Ph: (800) 228-9290 Ext. 1
Group Code: SCMA
Call for Presenters
- Friday, March 3, 2017 – Deadline for submission of speaker bio/abstract (must be submitted in approved form)
- Friday, April 28, 2017 – Notification of planning committee decisions
- Friday, July 7, 2017 – For those accepted, PowerPoint presentation must be submitted in the template provided (no paper is required)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com or call 512-617-6529.